CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 25

Thanksgiving

Cliche, yes, but good for me none the less.  In keeping with the Jacqui Sheehan Happy List tradition, a special Thanksgiving Edition of Things That Make Me Happy:

  • Violas!  While my violin and cello have made me happy all semester (and indeed, for as long asI 've known them), I must admit I'm quite excited to have a viola as well.  I should clarify, I suppose; yesterday Daryl agreed to play for the quartet for my recital, along with Clara and Micah.  I think it will be so much fun to rehearse with them next semester, and I'm quite excited to have people I love so much playing such a huge role in something that is so important to me.
  • Though I imagine it will still change, I have music picked out for my recital and I like all of it.  The newest addition to my rep is the Handel bassoon concerto in c minor--which isn't french!  (It's the only thing I have picked right now that isn't.)  If you're as dedicated to my recital rep as I am, you can listen to decent chunks of it here, over on the left side.  It is, naturally, the concerto for bassoon--not harp, viola d'amore, or oboe.  
  • I love teaching.  I'm not grouchy about going to school every morning, and that's wonderful.
  • Despite not being able to go home, I do get to see a number of people I love this weekend.  I am quite excited to spend time with people who are so dear to my heart, even if we're not related.
  • I'm very glad that Sarah's family is so wonderful and loving as to not only invite me over for thanksgiving but demand my presence.  They are delightful people and I am quite blessed to know them and have them looking out for me.
  • I am eternally thankful for my "Houghton church."  Menno is wonderful and fantastic and filled with people I love who love God and each other like crazy.  And, they sing in harmony.  All the time!  And in different languages!  I know you shouldn't pick a church based on music, but as a musician it is pretty important to me and the worship at Menno is so honest and fulfilling that I think it's ok to say it's a pretty big factor in why I love Menno as much as I do.  It is community in a fantastic way and I love every minute of it.  My single greatest regret about college is having waited until I was a junior to start going to Menno.  I drive down--an hour and 15 minutes!--almost every weekend so I can go to church. I love it. LOVE!  
  • I got to talk to Dana yesterday, which was wonderful and hadn't happened in far, far too long.  I love that girl and I'm very excited for all the fantastic things going on in her life.
  • Looking ahead, I think I'll be able to visit a number of very dear friends over Christmas who I haven't been able to spend time with in a very long time--I haven't seen Jeannie since before college!  I'm very excited to hopefully spend time with her and a few others.

What are you happy about?

2 comments:

Dana said...

Thanks for making part of your list, Bridge. It was really wonderful hearing from you. Enjoy thanksgiving!!!

Jacqui said...

I sometimes forget to read your posts, so I "catch up," and I must say that I stoked that I got a name reference in your happy list list. :) I need to do these again. :)