CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 24

I guess I could blog, hmm?

It's strange being home with no job, no car, and no plans for my life.  I mean, I have big life plans--find a car, find a job, get a dog... I suppose the rest are really more of big life ideas, getting married and having kids and eventually being a college professor or classical radio host.  I mean, I have to have a normal job before I can retire to university or radio, and I have to convince someone else to deal with me before I can get married and have kids.  So it's not like I'm really working on those plans.  And while I may compulsively check the indiana department of education job bank (once a day) and the IPS job bank even more compulsively (three or four times a day, yes I know that can't be healthy), so far, no dice on getting a real, grown-up job.  So for now I'm just hunting, and tiring of the "So when do you go back to school? ... Oh, so you're looking for a job?" conversations.  And there is, of course, the occasional volunteer gig with IPS that really only succeeds in making me more miserable because I love everything about it and I want it to be my forever job, not my "hey I could do this for three days as a reason to get out of my jammies some time this week" job.  

It's hard to maintain professional momentum when my pjs are so darn comfy.

2 comments:

Skipper Lou said...

awwwww you will get there dear! no worries! : )

Jessica said...

My vote is for the job as a classical music radio host and a rescued dog!

And I agree-you'll get there. We're all going to get "there" someday!